Maintenance reports play a critical role in keeping your equipment, machinery, and business in good health. It should be done regularly and correctly to ensure productivity, safety, and efficiency. Regardless of your industry, proper documentation for routine and emergency maintenance services helps to keep your business running smoothly. While there is no “one-size-fits-all” report, Device Magic’s platform makes it easy to create custom maintenance reports for your team in minutes.
What is a Maintenance Report?
A maintenance report is a detailed document that covers any routine or emergency maintenance services performed on a specific vehicle, piece of equipment, or machine. It serves as a guide outlining the proper care of the equipment in your workplace and can help your company avoid duplicate service requests. This document also helps catch small problems before they become big problems while allowing you to track the maintenance history for the machines, equipment, and commercial vehicles you use daily.
Benefits of Going Paperless
Efficient and organized maintenance reports don’t have to mean piles and piles of paperwork. In fact, customers who use Device Magic Mobile Forms to create and submit custom maintenance reports have seen an average of:
- 50% reduction in data entry errors
- 10 hours per week of admin time saved
- 4 days faster delivery of completed forms
- 11 hours per week of field crew time saved
You can save a significant amount of time and money when you create, modify, save and share your maintenance reports electronically. Going paperless can help you run a more sustainable business and cut down on the amount of time you’re spending printing, faxing, and filing paperwork.
If your workers need access to a specific maintenance report and don’t have the actual paper with them out in the field, they may not be able to do their job effectively. However, with access to maintenance reports on their smartphones and tablets, they can have all of the information they need to do their job right at their fingertips—even if they are offline!
What to Include in Your Maintenance Report
Organization is critical when creating a custom maintenance report for your business. While the specifics of your report will depend on the needs of your company, you can start your report with these six things, then modify it to reflect the unique needs of your company or equipment:
- Category. Maintenance managers and engineers should be able to organize and filter these reports by category. Maintenance can be broken down into a variety of categories, including corrective, preventive, condition-based, predictive, and predetermined.
- Location. Along with what type of maintenance is being performed, your report should allow users to document the location of the maintenance request. Device Magic Geomapping features allow you to pinpoint the actual location of a machine or piece of equipment that needs to be serviced. This saves time for workers in the field and reduces confusion.
- Date. A maintenance report should include a place to input the date(s) in which maintenance or repairs were completed. Having this record is crucial to ensure upkeep. It can also be useful to reference in cases of equipment failure, so you can check to see if any missing maintenance issues may have caused the problem.
- Pictures. One of the most significant benefits of going paperless is the ability to incorporate digital photos into your maintenance reports. This can serve as evidence that the job has been completed or used to clarify questions or concerns about a specific machine.
- Free Text. Traditional maintenance reports often provide little room to write detailed notes or concerns. When you create a custom maintenance report with Device Magic, however, you can incorporate free text blocks that allow the maintenance engineer or technician to elaborate on their findings or jot down concerns, questions, or suggestions for further repair.
- Signature. A signature box ensures that whoever is responsible for performing the maintenance can sign off on their work.
Creating Mobile Maintenance Reports is Easy With Device Magic
Device Magic’s innovative form builder allows you to drag and drop a variety of elements to write a custom maintenance report in minutes. Once created, your report can be shared easily, accessed offline, saved as a PDF, and even integrated into your existing business platforms.
Your business will always require some maintenance. Keep that maintenance organized and well documented by using Device Magic Mobile Forms. Start building your dynamic mobile maintenance report forms today.