Device Magic is hiring an Android software engineer. You'll work on our primary Forms Android app, which is a critical part of what the company does. The position is preferably onsite (Raleigh, North Carolina or Cape Town, South Africa), however remote candidates will be considered.
- Implement new features, fix defects, with a strong UX focus.
- Continuously improve application performance and responsiveness.
- Keep the app current with new Android and device releases.
- Work with our backend engineers and our CTO.
- Computer science / engineering degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in algorithms, design patterns and principles.
- Strong familiarity with Android Java, and common software development tools (git, issue tracking, etc).
- Write excellent, well-documented, concise and performant code.
- Work effectively within a globally distributed Agile engineering team.
- 2+ years professional development experience.
About Device Magic
Device Magic is a profitable, scaling SaaS startup, whose Mobile Forms product helps teams collect information with their phones and tablets. Banks, breweries, engineers, truckers, market researchers, charities and tattoo parlors use us everyday to make their work easier.
Our server-side infrastructure is an AWS-hosted Rails app that allows our customers to build their forms, manage their devices, and direct and access their submission data. Our (native) mobile apps all receive their forms and deliver their submissions through this infrastructure, and we have a rich external API through which many customers manage all of this.Apply Now