Device Magic is hiring a VP of Engineering. As our engineering team grows, we’re looking for somebody to join us who can help coordinate the work we’re doing. Most of our engineers work remotely, but the business team is based in downtown Raleigh, NC, where this role will be.
The role entails working daily with the engineers to keep development on track. This includes helping resolve (technical and non-technical) issues that arise and impede progress. Another significant part of the role will be interfacing with other teams at Device Magic (sales, marketing, customer success, support) to share engineering plans and progress, and gather feedback and requirements from them.
Planning and tracking of the engineering team (weekly sprints and longer-term roadmap) will fall under this role. Strategic direction, business needs, and customer support issues will need to be collected, prioritized and delivered on. This will be done working collaboratively with our CTO and other team leads. Being a start-up, this must be balanced against the occasional need to respond quickly to unforeseen opportunities.
Experience in startup engineering environments is very beneficial, but we are open to candidates moving from larger companies as well.
Skills & requirements
- Strong communication skills are critical. Working with globally distributed engineers and non-technical colleagues makes it essential you can convey ideas and understand requirements clearly.
- Computer Science, software engineering or similar background. You don’t necessarily have to have written production code to be considered, but you need to be technical.
- Analytical mindset - we’re metrics-driven start-up, and tracking state and progress of all aspects of the business is key for us.
- Planning - helping create, manage and deliver our roadmap is a major part of this role, and candidates should be strong here.
- Responsibility - ownership of the plans and details behind large aspects of our product is important.
About Device Magic
Device Magic is a profitable, scaling SaaS startup, whose Mobile Forms product helps teams collect information with their phones and tablets. Banks, breweries, engineers, truckers, market researchers, charities and tattoo parlors use us everyday to make their work easier.
Our server-side infrastructure is an AWS-hosted Rails app that allows our customers to build their forms, manage their devices, and direct and access their submission data. Our (native) mobile apps all receive their forms and deliver their submissions through this infrastructure, and we have a rich external API through which many customers manage all of this.
If you are interested in this role, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org