|Device Magic is a profitable, scaling SaaS startup located in downtown Raleigh, NC whose Mobile Forms product helps teams collect information with their phones and tablets. Banks, breweries, engineers, truckers, market researchers, charities and tattoo parlors use us every day to make their work easier.
We are looking to fill a position for an Engineering Manager. This role reports to our CTO and manages the growing engineering team. You will plan, coordinate and track all the work they do. While most of our engineers work remotely, this role is based in our downtown Raleigh headquarters.
- Manage the growing team of talented engineers and promote team spirit and culture across the global team.
- Plan, prioritize, and track the engineering team’s work (weekly sprints and longer-term roadmap) for successful product delivery.
- Interface with other Device Magic teams including sales, marketing, customer success, and support: collecting strategic direction, business needs, and customer support issues from them, and sharing engineering plans and progress.
- Help to resolve issues (technical and non-technical) that arise and impede development efforts.
- Work collaboratively with our CTO and other team leads.
- 1-3 years of Engineering Management or team lead experience is a plus, however, we are open to less experienced candidates looking to move into this exciting role in a growing startup environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical. Working with globally distributed engineers and non-technical colleagues makes it essential that you can convey ideas and understand requirements clearly.
- Analytical mindset. We’re a metrics-driven start-up, and tracking state and progress of all aspects of the business is key for us.
- Expert planning skills to help create, manage and deliver our roadmap is a major part of this role.
- Ability to balance planning and management with response to unforeseen opportunities is a must.
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership and responsibility of the plans and details behind large aspects of our product is important.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial guidance.