Director of Product Management
Device Magic is a profitable, scaling SaaS startup located in downtown Raleigh, NC whose Mobile Forms product helps teams collect information with their phones and tablets. Banks, breweries, engineers, truckers, market researchers, charities and tattoo parlors use us every day to make their work easier.
Device Magic is looking for someone to own product leadership and vision within the company.
The role will report directly to the CEO and play a key part in the company's overall strategy and direction. To do so you need to engage cross-functionally and build consensus within the company, but most important spend time "out of the building" learning more about our customers.
- Visit & engage with current & potential customers to deeply understand their challenges and workflows.
- Learn more about which markets we currently serve & which we are well placed to enter.
- Ideate features and functionality to solve customer problems and requirements.
- Prioritize above features and technical roadmap after interaction with Engineering, Sales & Marketing.
- Gain a quantitive (via analytics tools & product instrumentation) and qualitative understand of which features are most being used.
- Deliver wireframes, functional specifications to engineering management.
- Perform competitive research with both direct & indirect competitors.
- Technical background, previous software development experience.
- 5+ years in product management.
- Track record of working closely with customers, partners, listening and taking a customer-focused approach to strategy and priorities.
- High analytical, rigorous approach to data and problem solving.
- Experience with agile methodologies and approaches.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Comp Sci or Engineering degree.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits incl Medical/Dental/Vision/401k