Device Magic is hiring our first DevOps engineer! As our company continues to grow, ensuring smooth form delivery is critical to our customers’ business and success. Help us keep our infrastructure up and delivering data in a timeous fashion.
- Manage, monitor, and scale our cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Help us design and introduce more automation to support our business growth.
- Work with developers to hunt down and resolve performance and reliability bottlenecks.
- Computer science / engineering degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with a variety of scripting and automation tools.
- Comfortable with software through the full stack (Rails preferred), including across multiple operating systems.
- Ability to deploy and maintain both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Work effectively within a globally distributed engineering team.
About Device Magic
Device Magic is a profitable SaaS startup, whose Mobile Forms product helps teams collect information with their phones and tablets. Banks, breweries, engineers, truckers, market researchers, charities and tattoo parlors use us everyday to make their work easier.
Our server-side infrastructure is an AWS-hosted Rails app that allows our customers to build their forms, manage their devices, and direct and access their submission data. Our (native) mobile apps all receive their forms and deliver their submissions through this infrastructure, and we have a rich external API through which many customers manage all of this.
To apply, please email your resume and anything else you’d like for us to know to email@example.com. This position is in Cape Town, South Africa, but we will consider remote within South Africa.
You can also apply for this job on AngelList: