You’ve signed up for our 14-day free trial. You’re off to a great start! But you also may be wondering, now what? Not to worry. You came to the right place. Here’s your step-by-step guide on how to get started and get the most out of your Device Magic trial. (For those of you who haven’t signed up but you’re curious about our free 14-day trial, stay with us. This will be helpful information for you, as well.)
Your Official “Get Started” Guide
The Device Magic team is here to make sure you get the most out of your trial experience. This is your “go-to guide” on everything you need to know to get started, along with helpful tips for the continued success of your digital data collection transformation.
Step 1: Get to Know our Platform
The Device Magic Management Console
Log in to the Device Magic Management Console.
Your management console is the main hub for your Device Magic account. For the best user experience, log into the management console from your laptop or desktop computer. This is where you will build forms, invite new devices, upload resources, create destinations and much more.
The Device Magic Mobile Forms App
Download the Device Magic mobile forms app.
Your mobile forms app is where you and your team can access your forms and start collecting critical data from the field. Here you’ll collect signatures, images, sketches and almost any other data you used to compile with pen and paper.
Step 2: Connect a Device to Your Organization
There are two options for connecting a new device to your organization:
Option 1: Invite a device from your management console.
Click the “Invite Device” button on your management console’s homepage. Enter the email address or phone number of the user/device you want to join your Organization. When you’re done, click “Invite”. The device owner will receive a text message or email with a link directing them to download the mobile forms app and connect them to your Organization.
Option 2: Join an existing team from the mobile app.
When the app loads for the first time, you will be asked if you would like to “Create a New Organization” or “Sign in to an Existing Team”. Select “Sign in to an Existing Team”. Enter your full name, Organization Key, and click “Join My Team”. (Note: You can find the Organization Key on the homepage of your management console.) The organization administrator will receive an email that a new device would like to join their Organization. Once the administrator approves the device, that device can start collecting and submitting forms.
Step 3: Build Your First Form
All right, you’ve explored the management console and mobile forms app and you’ve connected at least one device to your organization. It’s time to build your first form.
- When you first log into your Device Magic account, you’ll notice several preloaded demo forms. You can save, delete or customize these forms or start new ones from scratch.
- To build a new form, visit the “Forms” tab in your management console and click “Build Form”. You will be taken to the form builder where you create and edit your Organization’s forms.
- Start customizing your question fields. Your questions can be renamed to give it the label of your choice. Every question has a set of settings and advanced settings that you can adjust to suit your needs. You can learn more about all of your question types here.
- When you are done building your form, click “Save & Exit” in the top right hand corner. From here, you will be redirected to your Destination setup page where you will determine what format you’d like your data delivered in and where you would like it to go.
Step 4: Add a Destination to Your Form
Destinations are the end point for your submission data: the final outcome. This is where all your information, signatures and/or images will be delivered.
- To set up a Destination for your form, go to the “Forms” tab in your management console. In the Destinations column, click the hyperlinked number for the form to which you would like to add the Destination.
- Once on the Destinations page, click “New Destination”. You will then be taken to the Destination setup page where you can select where you want your data to be sent and the submission format.
- View our full list of available submission destinations and formats by Device Magic plan level here.
Step 5: Create a Custom Template
If you’re like many of our users, you may need to customize your report outputs. Device Magic offers the ability to customize PDF, Microsoft Word or Excel versions of your submission data. By creating and uploading your own template to a specific destination, you will be able to make the layout of your report match your original form more closely or create a completely new format. Below are two video tutorials to help you create custom reports using our template options.
Custom Word and PDF Templates
Custom Excel Templates
Step 6: Submit your First Form
Completing your first form is simple. Open your Device Magic Mobile Forms app on your device, find the form you want to complete, and start answering questions.
- Fill out the form. Forms with required questions will not submit until an answer is provided, so make sure the form is completed accordingly.
- Once your form has been completed, tap “Submit” (check mark) at the bottom of the form to send.
- Your newly submitted form will be placed in a queue to be submitted to the server. As soon as you connect to WiFi, the form will disappear from the queue. If you don’t have internet access when you submit your form, don’t worry! The submission will stay in the queue until a connection becomes available.
Step 7: Leverage the PDF Version of this Guide
That’s right. A complete Device Magic New User’s Guide available for you to download, bookmark, share with team members, frame it, whatever you’d like!
Your Final Step: Reach Out to Us
The Device Magic team is ready and available to help. You can reach our support team 24/7 through the in-app chat function. We’re also available to walk you through a demo or build your first form for free. Contact us at email@example.com or (855)257-9650 to let us know what you need. Additionally, you can visit our Customer Support Center to access our resources library.